Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where Do I Start?

Hello.

I am not sure where to begin. I assume I should tell you what this blog is supposed to be about.

This blog is meant to be about religion, specifically my thoughts on it, as well as a comprehensive discussion of religion and morality. This blog is also meant to be a launching pad for serious discussions of these topics by its readers.

I want to tell you my story. I'd like to tell you of my spiritual journey up to this point. I'd like to outline my rationale for my current beliefs, and deal with related issues of religion and spirituality and the supernatural.

I want to warn you all to be considerate and thoughtful when addressing these issues.

However, please DO NOT be politically correct. Do not be afraid to offend anyone. I know this seems like a paradox, but it is not. Let me explain: if you are considerate and thoughtful of other people's intellectual rights, you will respect their right to say or believe anything. However, if you are considerate and thoughtful of other people's intellectual rights, you also will not be afraid to challenge people's assumptions and thinking, because if you really care for other people, you won't be afraid to respect their ability to make their own decisions.

So those are my outlines for the discussion and exchange I want to create and foster here.

Next, I will tell you of my own path, and I'll tell you a little bit more information about myself, too.

No comments: